Why Imperva Legal?
- small and creative legal team with ample opportunities for significant and meaningful contribution
- cross-functional projects, experiences and learning opportunities that will expand your expertise and knowledge base
- transparent, innovative management and collaborative cross functional atmosphere
- You aim to be a key contributor and innovator
- You are curious and want to expand your expertise into new areas of law.
- You enjoy working with non-lawyers and are eager to collaborate with others
- You have a solid foundation in your area of expertise, but can issue spot and problem solve in diverse areas of law.
- You are confident in your judgment, but open to feedback and collaborative analysis.
- You have excellent written, verbal, and visual communication skills.
Imperva is looking for a Corporate Counselto serve on our global and innovative and productive legal team.
We prefer that you be based in the Bay Area, but our team is currently 100% remote and we’ll consider candidates in other locations. Our headquarters are in San Mateo, CA, if you prefer to work from the office.
Your Responsibilitieswill include at least the following, but there is plenty of opportunity to expand into other areas:
- Manage M&A, including due diligence oversight and agreement negotiations.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including preparation of Board materials, and management of the company’s equity programs.
- Review and negotiate vendor agreements to fulfill Imperva’s procurement needs and effectively resolve contract scope, obligations and liability issues.
- Advise product teams on compliance issues.
- Partner with other Imperva attorneys and outside counsel to proactively identify areas of operational risk and improve internal processes.
- Develop and revise department operational manuals, templates and playbooks.
- Qualified attorney in your jurisdiction, with impressive academic credentials and demonstrated record of success.
- 5-7 years of experience, preferably spanning law firm and in-house work
- background in corporate governance, M&A, and late-stage private company compliance matters
- experience negotiating sophisticated commercial agreements, including vendor and software licensing agreements.
Imperva is an analyst-recognized, cybersecurity leader—championing the fight to secure data and applications wherever they reside. Once deployed, our solutions proactively identify, evaluate, and eliminate current and emerging threats, so you never have to choose between innovating for your customers and protecting what matters most. Imperva—Protect the pulse of your business. Learn more: www.imperva.com, our blog, on Twitter.
Imperva offers a competitive compensation package that includes base salary, medical, flexible time off and more. It’s an exciting time to work in the security space. Check out our products and services at www.imperva.com and career opportunities at www.imperva.com/careers
Imperva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.