Full Job Description
WilmerHale is a leading, full-service international law firm with 1,000 lawyers located throughout 12 offices in the United States, Europe and Asia. Our lawyers work at the intersection of government, technology and business, and we remain committed to our guiding principles of providing quality, excellent legal and client services; developing diversity among our lawyers and staff and cultivating an environment that promotes an ambitious spirit, collaboration and collegiality by drawing on the extraordinary talents and dynamic experience of our lawyers. Our goal is to reflect the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we practice.
About the Role:
The Docket Clerk is primarily responsible for calendaring support requirements for attorneys practicing in various courts and jurisdictions. This position will review legal documents in order to calculate, record and disseminate important events and deadlines pursuant to applicable rules and practices. In addition, the Docket Clerk will be responsible with occasionally assisting with case filings and court-related services as needed. Ability to work independently on projects and research assignments.
What You Will Do:
- Docket court filings, discovery, and other substantive papers in Firm’s calendaring tool; calendar relevant dates and deadlines.
- Prepare and distribute reports.
- Advise on applicable rules of procedure, local rules and practices with respect to calendaring.
- Assist with Knowledge Management initiative.
- Respond to written or verbal requests/inquiries from attorneys and staff regarding calendared events, pleadings, and court procedures.
- Assist, as needed, with the electronic filing of documents in federal and state courts.
- Assist the Managing Attorney with keeping apprised of legal developments with respect to calendaring.
- Contributes to the firm’s Service Excellence initiative to consistently improve its image internally and externally. Displays professionalism, quality service and a “can do” attitude to internal members/departments of the firm as well as external clients and vendors via electronic and print correspondence, over the telephone and in-person.
What You will Bring:
- Proficient in industry-standard calendaring tools such as MA3000, Court Alert, or Compulaw.
- Proficiency in utilizing online court databases including PACER and Courtlink.
- Ability to timely and accurately calculate deadlines in various jurisdictions, including Trial and Appellate Courts; USPTO; and Arbitration matters.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to organize and prioritize issues and handle competing priorities.
- Ability to take initiative in handling projects and anticipating what needs to be done.
- BA/BS required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a Managing Attorney’s/Clerk’s Office or related calendaring department.
- Experience performing calendaring responsibilities preferred.
WilmerHale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or ancestry, age, disability or veteran status, or other protected status.