Firmwide Legal Talent Assistant
Cooley is seeking a Firmwide Legal Talent Assistant for its Palo Alto office to support the Legal Talent Team.
Position Summary : To provide administrative support to the Director of Law Student Recruiting and to support the Legal Talent department firmwide.
Position Responsibilities :
- Data entry of search firm, write-in and on-campus applicants into the LawCruit database. Prepare and send response letters to search firm, write-in and on-campus applicants using the LawCruit database.
- Assist in LawCruit database maintenance relating to merging applicant records and adding law schools.
- Prepare status reports on applicant activity from the LawCruit database.
- Responsible for handling non-partner search firm agreements including drafting agreements, creating Worksite folders and maintaining updated files, updating the LawCruit database and entry into Salesforce.
- Conduct research on the recruiting industry as requested.
- Schedule regular meetings of the Legal Talent staff, reserving conference rooms and coordinating with IS as needed.
- Provide assistance with firmwide summer program execution relating to the Opening Dinner and Seascape Weekend.
- Provide assistance with law school recruiting relating to on-campus interviews and law school outreach.
- Provide assistance with fall associate and lateral associate onboarding and integration.
- Assist in the preparation of materials for firmwide committee meetings, including Fall Recruiting and Summer Associate Committees as well as Interviewing Training.
- Assist in organizing and preparing On Campus Interview (OCI) materials for on campus interviewers.
- Assist in the preparation of mass mailings of gifts and informational materials to candidates, incoming summer associates and incoming fall associates.
- Assist in the maintenance of the Legal Talent department pages on CooleyNet and Cooley.com.
- Maintain and audit various department reports and charts, including bar membership, headcount status, deemed/hired, law school and prior employment, sponsorships and events, clerkships, and marketing materials and branded giveaways.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for providing administrative support to the Director of Law Student Recruiting, including, but not limited to: email and calendar management; travel coordination; expense report preparation, coding, and reconciliation; and drafting and processing correspondence.
- Answer incoming calls and respond to inquiries from candidates, search firm representatives and internal employees as requested.
- Maintain Legal Talent Outlook Calendar
- Maintain Worksite Files
- Reserve conference rooms, make restaurant reservations and coordinate catering as needed.
- Print and organize monthly budget reports, attorney hours reports and variance reports, assisting in the preparation of variance reports as requested.
- Develop and/or update various administrative forms and create and maintain files.
- Entry of business card and electronic contact information into CRM system (Interaction), eliminating duplicate entries and ensuring accuracy of all data entry.
- Exercise care in the course of work to prevent injuries to oneself and co-workers.
- All other duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience :
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Availability to work overtime as needed.
- Strong administrative skills and exceptional attention to detail in all areas.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple requests and assess priorities.
- After Orientation at Cooley LLP, exhibit proficiency in LawCruit recruiting database, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and other Cooley applications.
- Associates or Bachelors degree preferred.
- Prior administrative experience in a professional work environment.
Cooley offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package. EOE.