At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people of all backgrounds. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a global leader in cloud computing, enables customers of all sizes and industries to run their applications on Amazon’s industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. Within the AWS customer base, startups serve as an important segment for AWS, and a customer group who is on the leading edge of implementing new technologies. We are seeking a world-class Business Development Manager to drive and own a variety of initiatives aimed at growing the startups that use AWS and enabling the best experience for them possible. This is an opportunity to delight some of the most innovative companies in the world.
About the Role
The Startup GTM Strategy team, in collaboration with our cross functional counterparts, develops and executes the global go-to-market strategy for startups at AWS. The team is responsible for maintaining a high level of awareness of global trends in technology, startups, and venture capital and using that intelligence to assist our field teams in their approach to working with our startup customers – all in an environment of rapid growth and ever-increasing complexity. The GTM Strategy BDM will work with globally distributed startup teams across marketing, business development, and sales to develop, implement, and manage business processes, campaigns, sales plays, and strategies that optimize those business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives. He/she will partner with Startup Sales and Startup Business Development to deeply understand how well we serve our customers, think strategically about the direction of our startup business, and lead projects and initiatives that create new business value for AWS and our startup customers.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate must know how startups operate and understand the stages of a startup’s life-cycle. A strong passion for startups is highly desired. They must be willing to roll-up their sleeves and work directly with teammates in the field and the data and tools used to enable those resources, all while exhibiting high degrees of ownership and accountability. They will have experience working with large data sets and technical/analytical tools and a passion for developing strategies from data. They will need high levels of business judgement and possess the ability to peek around corners and anticipate issues before they arise. They will be asked to operate effectively in an ambiguous environment and must have a demonstrated track record of managing multiple concurrent projects and driving them to completion. Because the person in this role will influence team members worldwide, they will also need to be highly collaborative and able to influence without authority while also being able to work with significant autonomy. The candidate must work well with teams of stakeholders and colleagues, including sales leadership, operations managers, business development managers, technical managers, marketing managers, as well as finance, HR and legal specialists.
· Drive program objectives – provide program management and define project plans, manage implementation activities, and develop processes, documentation and communications for program/process rollout and ongoing support.
· Scale services and tools – design processes and procedures that scale with the business’ growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
· Communicate new/updated programs, policies, and processes to leaders, employees, and cross functional organizations.
· Manages significantly complex and important initiatives that resolve critical and/or endemic challenges to the AWS business. Identifies risks/opportunities in strategies and/or org structure(s). Effectively force multiplies where possible and applicable.
· Manage work streams for the startup customer segment. This includes developing and communicating Objectives/Key Results and Key Performance Indicators, supporting development of conference participation strategy, and supporting development and communication of post-mortem docs and continuous improvement recommendations.
· Develop communication for stakeholders at various levels and out to the WW Commercial Organization
· Preferred location is Seattle or San Francisco, but virtual locations will be considered depending on candidate experience and relative location to key stakeholders.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Mentorship and Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded executive and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
· 4+ years experience in a role in Operations, Business Development, Finance, or other related fields
· 3+ years experience with the development and implementation of programs/tools utilized for CRM, sales force optimization, new customer adoption/growth, etc.
· Experience working in Strategy, Operations and Finance within a high-growth company is a plus
· Experience in software engineering and/or product management is a plus
· MBA or other relevant advanced degree
· Expert level in Excel, SQL, visualization tools, and experience with other relevant programming languages
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
· Startup industry experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.