Project Kuiper is an initiative to provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to communities around the world using a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites.
A day in the life
Innovation is part of our DNA! We need people who want to join an ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in space and ground-based systems. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on millions of people.
About the hiring group
We are looking for a Hardware Manager who has a demonstrated team leadership and will provide deep technical expertise in defining, architecting, implementing, verifying, putting into production and deploying to the field highly reliable, power efficient, and low cost electronics that fly the satellite, capture and convert power and host the communications and propulsion systems.
· Hire, lead and guide the various aspects of the satellite bus and payload communications system electronics team through architecture, trade studies, technology selection, circuit design and analysis, design reviews, schematic capture, component selection, circuit board stack-up design and layout, prototyping, bring-up, debugging, characterization, testing, and productization.
· Work within the Electrical engineering team to help develop, test, and deliver the satellite bus electronics, flight computer, power conversion, batteries, sensors, attitude determination and control, propulsion electronics, and satellite communications electronics
· Develop and manage development processes, design quality assurance, design release, and product lifecycle management.
· Partner with cross-functional teams including antenna & RF engineering, mechanical engineering, software, test, integration, reliability, compliance/regulatory, verification, qualification, manufacturing, program management, etc.
· Define and execute electrical component and sub-system test plans as needed to ensure robust electrical designs for space applications.
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
· 3+ years of experience managing an electrical engineering systems team
· 7+ years of experience managing an electrical engineering systems team
· Master’s degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field.
· Excellent communicator – written and verbal