Do you want to build an engineering team, guide them with a customer-obsessed vision, and lead them to deliver impactful customer-facing applications for health devices? Are you interested in joining a group of scientists and engineers to push the limits of what’s possible in Conversational AI for health topics? Amazon Halo is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager (SDM) who is excited to work on a wide variety of challenging engineering problems from new device capabilities to conversational technologies that use Natural Language Processing (NLP), Machine Learning (ML), Deep Learning (DL), and biometric data processing.
A day in the life
You will lead your team to design and build software that spans the Alexa and Halo technology stacks. You will also partner with sister teams to develop new Alexa capabilities for Halo devices and services, architect systems for massive scale, drive efficiency in software development processes, monitor the health of production services you own, mentor SDEs, and hire and develop the best.
About the hiring group
We’re scientists and engineers who are passionate about empowering Halo customers to understand and improve their health through intuitive device features and convenient Alexa interactions. Our team is in Sunnyvale, CA but we’re open to hiring in Seattle or Bellevue, WA.
· Grow and develop a team of engineers.
· Set a vision for your team and create technology roadmaps.
· Keep your technical skills sharp by contributing to software design and architecture decisions.
· Monitor operation of production services you own and maintain their operational excellence.
· Create and iteratively improve mechanisms to help your team deliver results.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experience building and operating scalable distributed systems
· Experience delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
· A strong track record of project delivery for large cross-functional projects
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
· Experience working on information retrieval, natural language processing, or machine learning based systems
· Experience designing, developing, and deploying scalable solutions using Amazon Web Services (AWS)