At Amazon we’re working to be the most customer-centric company on earth, and that includes protecting our customers and their data. Are you ready to partner with Amazon’s cutting-edge business and engineering groups to identify areas of risk? Interested in diving deep into technologies and processes across Amazon and its subsidiaries to identify risks? Are you looking for a position that will leverage and grow your technology skills, expand your knowledge of technology practices, and provide opportunities to problem solve with some of the best minds in the industry?
As a Senior IT Auditor, you will lead the planning, scoping, execution, and reporting of audits based on identified risks related to Amazon’s Consumer businesses.
In this position you will dig deep into the details of your audits. You must be able to understand complex business processes and identify the full range of risks related to processes, regulatory compliance, organization, policy, and technology. You will be interacting with highly technical software development engineers and business leaders. You will use your broad technical background and use your knowledge to learn new technology concepts quickly.
We don’t want someone who can just find risks. You should be able to translate technical risks into business issues. You must prioritize findings and recommendations in tune with our corporate strategy and regulations. You should be able to facilitate multiple stakeholders to agree on appropriate solutions and verify that risks are mitigated appropriately. We value personality, insight, intellectual flexibility, and sound business judgment.
In this role, you will use your excellent writing skills to succinctly communicate complicated technical issues in business terms. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information. Use your project management skills to manage a team and conduct your own audits from beginning to end, often managing multiple projects at once.
Up to 10% travel may be required, including international travel.
· BA/BS degree in information systems, computer science, engineering, accounting, finance, math or related field.
· 2+ years of experience in IT or Operations internal auditing, risk management, IT compliance, IT project management, information security, software development or technology.
· Strong risk management experience, including: performing assessments and audits, designing controls, managing enterprise control frameworks, and prioritizing risk.
· Willingness to dive deep into your own audits combined with experience collaborating on a team.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
· A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Amazon’s systems architecture.
· Strong analytical skills. Proven history of analyzing data and situations to identify meaningful observations.
· Big 4 consulting experience.
· Relevant certifications (CISA, CISSP, CISM, CFE).
· Experience with process improvement, Kaizen, and six sigma.
· Broad technical and information security background.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.