Want to transform the way people enjoy music on Alexa? Come join the team that made Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, Live Radio, Audible books, Kindle books, Podcasts, and more available to Alexa customers.
We are looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented senior software engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications that customers love. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of Alexa features that are used every day by people you know.
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be responsible for setting technical vision of how we build the software behind how music is enjoyed through Alexa. A successful candidate will have an established background in setting product, technical, and architectural vision on building technology that enriches the customer experience at scale.
· Responsible for setting technical vision for the customer/Alexa Music
· The key requirement for this position is established skill designing and developing complex, interactive customer experiences.
· Advise senior leadership of technical opportunities and pitfalls to ensure long term rapid delivery of customer features.
· Leading and inspiring teammates to raise the standards in the quality of the software they build.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 4+ years of professional software development experience
· 2+ years of experience as a mentor, tech lead OR leading an engineering team
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science (Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.)
· 8+ years experience with leadership among software development teams, with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience
· Experience delivering cross-functional projects
· Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with developing, releasing and maintaining a large scale services or applications