Amazon is seeking a Senior Treasury Manager to join the Capital Markets team, which oversees company financing and capital structure management. This role will partner with the Worldwide Operations organization which is responsible for fulfillment, delivery, and physical stores. As a strategic Treasury advisor, this entails acting as the single Treasury point of contact for the WW Operations organization to understand required Treasury support and deliver valuable insights, direction, and solutions. This can entail supporting financing decision reviews, providing discount rate insight, identifying financing mechanisms, and developing various frameworks and strategies to implement Treasury capital structure objectives. The role will review business plans to identify opportunities and facilitate the discovery and implementation of capital markets solutions for unique business use cases. It also acts as an advocate for Treasury to ensure proper adoption and implementation of Treasury’s capital structure and banking strategy. Projects and topics frequently include buy versus lease decisions for real estate and equipment, working capital or supply chain initiatives, structured finance solutions, managing financial risk, ensuring appropriate banking services, and supporting capital allocation decisions.
This position requires a self-starter who collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders of various levels and backgrounds, is comfortable with ambiguity, and can balance multiple priorities. The role necessitates broad cross-functional partnerships with our business, finance, legal, accounting, and tax teams on global initiatives. The candidate should be knowledgeable in capital structure theory, have a strong understanding of various financing mechanisms, and be familiar with cash and liquidity management. Candidates must have the ability think big and deliver solutions that scale for Amazon by effectively influencing business partners and driving collaboration. Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the ability to anticipate, identify, and communicate risks and recommendations to Treasury and business leadership is required. The ideal candidate should have a proven track record dealing with complexity and have experience in an MNC Treasury, and more specifically, a capital markets role.
The preferred location for this role is in Seattle. However, with the right candidate there is the possibility to work from another Amazon location (E.g. New York City, Arlington – HQ2)
· Work closely with the business and finance teams, actively seek to understand their needs, strategies, initiatives, opportunities, challenges, risks, and identify areas where Treasury can add value to help grow the business and reduce costs.
· Support business spend planning and scoping. Advise the business on financing decisions and execution, bringing clarity and providing practical solutions to complex theoretical challenges, including discussions on hurdle rates and own vs. lease decisions.
· Support the development and execution of financing programs requiring in-depth Treasury involvement with Capital Markets team members, Amazon cross-functional teams, and Amazon’s bank group on cross functional financing projects.
· Establish, implement, and ensure alignment and correct application of Treasury’s financing strategy, frameworks, and controls with our business partners. Drive business finance adoption and financing decision standardization.
· Identify opportunities to lower costs, reduce risks, minimize operational burden, and ensure efficient utilization of capital.
· Develop and communicate recommendations to senior leadership within Treasury and business teams (VP+ level).
· Actively seek to uncover operational and financial risks embedded in various business lines that could affect profitability or be detrimental to business continuity.
· Create, enhance, and standardize business partnering processes. Manage establishing reporting dashboards to enhance senior leadership’s visibility into business spend needs, financing decisions, and areas of opportunities.
· Manage the team delivering quality Treasury customer support for the Worldwide Operations organization.
· 12+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or related field.
· MBA or CFA required.
· Advanced Excel, financial modelling, and analytical skills.
· Well-versed in industrial real estate fundamentals and equipment financing decision topics such as hurdle rates, own versus lease, and residual value.
· Experience in either securitization/144a, debt capital markets, commercial paper, equipment / real estate leasing, or supply chain and receivables financing.
· Must be a self-starter who is able to work independently and interface with all relevant internal teams and external business partners as needed.
· Keen attention to detail with ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
· Knowledge of institutional banking, capital markets, and/or corporate treasury.
· Significant knowledge of financial statements and corporate finance theory.
· Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
· Previous Treasury experience in a multinational company strongly preferred.
· Experience in capital markets or commercial real estate, 5+ years.
· 5+ years of managerial experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.